- Jehovah (Yahweh -Hebrew) is the personal name of God in the Scriptures–the living, self-existent, unchanging, eternal, creator and Lord of all things.
- Jesus means ‘Savior.’
- Emmanuel means ‘God with us.’
- Messiah is from the Hebrew meaning ‘anointed.’
- Christ is a Greek word meaning ‘the anointed one.’ Synonymous with Messiah.
- Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. It represents Jesus as ‘the beginning and the end, the first and the last.’
1 Corinthians 2:1-5 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. (2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (3) And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. (4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: (5) That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon, known as “the prince of preachers,” felt he delivered his sermon so poorly one Sunday that he was ashamed of himself. As he walked away from his church, the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London, he wondered how any good could come from that message. When he arrived home, he dropped to his knees and prayed, “Lord God, You can do something with nothing. Bless that poor sermon.”Read more