The Gospel of John is focused on giving us a clear image of Jesus, His character, and His nature. There are nine metaphors (figures of speech or illustrations) in John used to describe Jesus.
- I AM the Bread of Life/Living Bread—John 6:35, 48, 51.
- I AM the Light of the World—John 8:12; 9:5.
- Before Abraham was, I AM—John 8:58.
- I AM the Door—John 10:7, 9.
- I AM the Good Shepherd—John 10:11, 14.
- I AM the Resurrection and the Life—John 11:25.
- I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life—John 14:6.
- I AM the True Vine—John 15:1, 5.
- I AM He—John 18:5-6.